Annual IAJGS Summer Conference in Poland
Every year during the Summer, the International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies (www.iajgs.org
) hosts an annual conference. The location varies, usually in North America, but this Summer, it will be held in Central Europe for the first time.
Co-hosted by the POLIN MUSeum of the History of Polish Jews and the Emanuel Ringelbaum Jewish Historical Institute of Warsaw, and in cooperation with the Polish State Archives, the conference will be held at the Warsaw Hilton and takes place August 5-10, 2018.
Explore the local sites, do research in local archives, greet old friends, make new friends, and take your family history research to the next level with:
- More than 150 lectures, panel discussions, and workshops focusing on genealogy methodology, available archival resources, and the history of all Jewish communities with special emphasis on the Jews of Central and Eastern Europe
- Presentations aimed at all Jewish genealogists—from “first-timers” to conference veterans
- An innovative “Resource Village” combining a traditional Vendor Exhibit Hall and Resource Room with genealogy experts, mentors, archivists, local NGOs, and craftspeople for a one-stop research experience at the conference site
- Opportunities for one-on-one conversations with archivists from Europe, including Poland and Lithuania
- Networking via popular Special Interest Group (SIG) and Birds of a Feather (BOF) meetings and luncheons
- Special “Welcome to Warsaw” activities on Sunday, August 5, 2018, including walking tours of the city and introductory lectures
- In-depth DNA workshops
- Tours of Poland’s rich Jewish history and visits to Holocaust memorial sites both before and after the conference
Need Help Getting Started?
All JGSCO members in good standing are eligible to receive FREE mentoring. Whether you are a beginner or seasoned genealogist stuck on a particular name, document, or area of the world, we can point you in the right direction. Request one of our expert GenMentors
at a monthly meeting or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in researching Jewish family history and looking for a local network of experts and enthusiasts? We’re here to help by providing programs, support, and guidance to find and use resources located in Colorado and throughout the world. Please take a look through our website and contact us with any questions you have.
We encourage all levels of research from beginner to advanced to participate and share their knowledge. Take a look at the How to Get Started
page where you’ll find useful information for all levels of research, and check out upcoming programs on the right side of this page. Guests are always welcome. We meet once a month in Denver or Boulder on Sunday mornings at 10 am, from September through June.
JGSCO is a nonprofit organization run entirely by volunteers. Suggested annual dues of $30 per individual or $40 per household support the administration of the group including speaker and venue fees, website, and operations. Join here
Are you a new Member? Are you looking for how to log on to the JGSCO website?